Sunday, May 11, 2014

Summer of Fun

I have decided to put my book on hold. I know lots of you were excited for it. Some of you read a few chapters. It's not going anywhere, it's just been backburnered for a little while.

Summer is coming very quickly. The big one is done with school on June 3rd, which is only 3 weeks away. That means an entire summer home alone all day with 2 assholes. I don't foresee too much work getting done on it until kindergarten starts anyway.

Once we start kindergarten, my life can settle back into a routine. But here shortly, my life will be filled with days of yelling about touching toys, and playing in the pool and arguing about what to eat for lunch. I'm looking forward to summertime. It's going to be great fun.

I honestly am excited about being able to stay home with both boys this summer. Last summer I was pregnant and had a new baby and didn't get to do much fun stuff with the big one. I was banned from getting in the pool, so he could only go with his daddy and my mom. I could watch from the sidelines and was in charge of getting the ice cream when he needed it.

I was banned from picking anything up, so there weren't very many chances for snuggles while I was home with the boys. Plus I was always feeding the new baby.

This summer will be completely different. We will go swimming all the time. We will go to the river and throw rocks (my big ones new obsession). We will go on vacation to the beach (we haven't ever taken a vacation before so this is a big one for us). I'm actually looking forward to it.

BUT, ask me in the end of June and I'll be looking forward to August, I'm sure. But for now, I'm delaying all my big projects and planning a summer of fun. It's the least I can do before my son becomes an official school student.

No comments:

Post a Comment