Sunday, April 13, 2014

Boys......

My son has friends. Great, right? Well........

Let's discuss this. I like that my son has friends. I like that my son has friends on my block. I like that they come get my son to play.

What I don't like is the noise level that occurs at my house when they are here. Hahahaha.......

My house is currently the neighborhood hang out for all the boys ages 5-8. I knew my kid was loud. I knew my kid played hard. What I didn't know was what would happen when you put a large group of just boys together. It's so loud. Being within 10 feet of them may actually cause my ears to bleed.

I intend to still be the neighborhood hangout. It's kinda fun being the house they all want to come hang out at. But after today, I learned a few things.

1) I need more juice boxes. Boys drink juice boxes like they are going out of style. They powered through an entire case this afternoon.

2) I need more indestructible toys. Boys are mean to things. Very mean. I need toys that will hold up to becoming swords and stabbing devices and thrown down the front concrete stairs 15 times.

3) Boys are mean to each other. I've had to break up more fights today than I ever have in my life. And I used to live at the bar. I've seen plenty of bar fights and they are less vicious than the fights of 5 year old boys.

4) I need to take more naps. If I am going to be the sole adult watching these kids, I need naps. Lots of them. Way more than I'm taking now. I don't know where they get their energy. Maybe it's all those damn juice boxes.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go call Daddy and see when he's coming home. I definitely need a break from boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment