Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sweet Little Things

This morning I took Child 1 to school. I was in a slightly bitchy mood because the morning felt rushed and nothing went as planned. Child 2 peed through his diaper and everything was soaking wet. Child 1 didn't want to wear the shoes I got out, so he had to go in search of others. Just a frustrating morning in my opinion.

There was an argument between Child 1 and Child 2, over toys this morning. It was incredibly two sided for having a child that doesn't speak yet. Child 1 said what he had to say and Child 2 screamed in return. It was lovely and added to the ambiance of the morning.

There was more yelling in the car, this time only from Child 2. But Child 1 wanted to listen to the radio and couldn't hear it. Which resulted in Child 1 yelling at Child 2. Now it was time to add in the mommy headache.

THEN we got to school. And I was presented with a necklace Child 1 made me, and a blueberry muffin that Child 1 helped make too. Accompanied by an incredibly sweet hug and an "I love you, Mommy." And my headache completely went away.

Sometimes I find myself getting overwhelmed by the every day life. The little things I need to get done, or I want other people to do, and the list keeps growing and it never stops. There are so many things that I feel like I have to get done NOW. And it stresses me out.

But then my kids do something incredibly wonderful and unexpected. And Child 1 does it with such emotion and passion that it is impossible to still stay in the mindset of having a bad day. He was so happy to do something nice for someone else that it instantly lightened my day.

I remember what it was like before having children, and I can honestly say that my life is better off with them. Even with all the negative things that come across in my posts, I love my little assholes with all my heart. After all, they are just like their mother....

No comments:

Post a Comment