Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Scientific facts why I find people stupid

I've recently come to a stunning conclusion that is about to change my entire life.

I have incredibly selfish, stupid friends.

I based this on scientific fact, really. The last few weeks I have been watching the interactions I've been having with people. Or the lack there of, honestly. And I've completely concluded that if they even still bother to talk to me, they are generally idiots.

Before anyone's panties get bunched, let me give you a few facts. Or more specifically, reasons why I have come to this conclusion.

1- "I've been so busy, I haven't had time to get back to you."
                           Really? Too busy? With the invention of texting, it takes about 7 seconds to read a message and respond. 7 seconds. There are 86,400 seconds in a day. You can't spare 7 of them to answer me? I don't buy that crap for a hot minute. I can see not responding right away. I can see taking hours to get back to me. But really, if I have to wait weeks to hear from you, chances are by the time you write me back, I'll have deleted you from my phone. Those kind of people are not the kind I wish to waste my time on. I consider them to be incredibly selfish.

2- "I completely forgot!"
                             I forget things. On a daily basis, I have no idea where my keys are. I have no clue what day of the month it is most of the time. I sometimes have to be reminded of when it's time for me to go to work. So if anyone is guilty of forgetting things, it's me. But there are some people who seem to forget things when it's convenient for them. If people don't want to help out with something, they forget. If people don't want to just say no, they forget. I'm basically tired of being an afterthought. My entire family is. It seems like more often than not, we are the people everyone thinks of when everyone else is busy. Well, frankly, that doesn't work for me anymore.

3- "I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything"
                             So, let me get this straight. You READ my message (or email or text or however you heard from me), and just didn't answer? This makes me more butt hurt than anything. You READ what I had to say, you took the time to THINK about it, but then when your brain didn't come up with a witty response, you put your phone away and went back to your life? Oh hell no. Say anything. Say "ok" or "you're an idiot" or something. I can't grasp that people don't know what to say. I ALWAYS know what to say. I usually say it even when I shouldn't. I think you people do too, you're just too scared to do it.


The long and short of it is this: I am getting tired of being pushed aside. It happens so frequently that I am actually having to write about it. And it's not just me. It's my entire household. When my husband and I sit down and have a talk about how we are always on the outside looking in, it sparks a reason for me to evaluate how things are working out.

I am giving it until May 1st of next year. In the next 12 months, if we don't see a big change in our lives, I am going to do everything I can to convince my husband it's time to cut ties and run. I am slowly cutting people out of my life now. It's easy to change our lives. Both of us can do our jobs somewhere else.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable. But I figure if I can raise 2 boys, have a household to run, cook, clean, run errands, go to a hundred meetings a month, write a blog, write a book, go to work, take classes to keep my license, go to trainings, crochet AND still keep in touch with people, I can't see why you all are having such a tough time of it.

Or maybe it's a case of people being too chicken shit to tell me they don't want to be my friend anymore. Either way, figure your shit out people or I'll figure it out for you. I don't have time for all that silly nonsense in my life. DID YOU SEE THE LIST OF STUFF I HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE TIME?????





No comments:

Post a Comment